Monday, February 14, 2011

squared

So I thought that I had done this blog weeks ago, but I checked and nope no sign of one so.....
this was also an assignment that I missed thanks to the lovely flu.

When I first embarked on the assignment I had no clue what I was doing I had to read the assignment page like 20 times and then I just kinda guessed at what I was doing.
we were given 4 sets of two words and then suppose to use squares and different gestalt principles to create visual representations using squares. The words that we were given were: smooth/rough, light/heavy, relaxed/anxious, playful/ordered.
I drew thumbnails of each word then picked the ones that I hoped fit the assignment and words/concepts the best. As i drew the thumbnails since I had very little sense of direction I started to try to represent the different words using things I was familiar with, even to the point of getting kinda goofy with my thoughts. Then I picked my favorite out of each word and made my final squares.

smooth/rough

Anxious/relaxed

 ordered/playful


heavy/light




when we critiqued the squares mine was 1st so in some cases it became a little overwhelming, but overall I think I kept a pretty open mind. I honestly wanted the input. As my group began to critique I began to understand the concepts and the assignment a whole lot better. Overall my lines needed to be more sharp and clean, and some of my representations a little more clear. My x shape for anxious, my pacman for playful and my reclining chair for relaxed all went over very well. Kathy even said that no one else in the class had done relaxed like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment