Sunday, February 13, 2011

Repition and Rhythm

Once I started I couldn't stop finding pictures. I found the rhythm of finding repetition very easy. But it took me a little longer to start picking out the rhythm visually.

The concept of rhythm is fun to me because I easily relate to it due to my music experience, but at the same time my musical background can be a hindrance because I find myself almost closed off to other possibilities of what rhythm can be. At the same time though every style of music has a different rhythm, a different way of making you feel or move. The same way that the rhythm in a work of art can make you feel or move your eye differently. In fact I wanted to include some picts that I took of my music world showing these concepts, but alas my phone camera did not do them justice so they didn't make the final cut.





The streamers and balloons were leftover from a roommates birthday party, the vents where from my apartment, the grid is from the grill on my car, and the carpet is from the performing arts center (I had to include some connection to music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment