Saturday, March 5, 2011

Photos

a. what is the purpose of this photo; why was it taken? why do you keep it?
why did you choose it for this assignment? What is its significance to you?

b. What is the emotional relationship between the photographer and the subject?
 how does that influence the way the picture was taken?
How does it affect the way you look at the photo?
What is the photographer' attitude toward the subject?
What is the subject's attitude towards the photographer?

c. In what context is this photo intended to be viewed?, by who, for how long?
Do you think you will still remember this photo in ten years? 
 
Julia Briley by Allison Rainwater

 The purpose of this photo was to document my best friend's reaction to her present that I made for her. I keep it to remember the support and confidence that she has for me and my art. I chose it for this assignment because it has a deep meaning to me personally.
The emotional relationship to the photographer and the subject is familiar. This makes the photo off center and imperfect. I look at this photo with remembrance. The subject is happy and impatient with the photographer.
The context is ment to be viewed in a memory book


Allison @ Las Vegas by Mary Catherine Barnes

This photo was taken to commemorate a vacation and my courage to be in a 14 story Eifle tower.  The photographer is unfamiliar with the subject.  I picked the photo because it is a strong memory for me. It is a momento of one of my favorite vacations.

Unknown by Unknown

I picked this photo because It has a keyboard in it something I relate to very well. The photographer could have been anyone taking a pict of a little kid playing. It is ment to be a scrapbook photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment