Monday, January 31, 2011

Am I seeing spots...no those are dots!

In this project we learned about the Gestalt principles of continuance, similarity, and proximity. Using different size dots we showed each of the different concepts.
      What I believed to be a very quick assignment turned into a long one when I sat down to do my thumbnails.  Thanks to my table mates and a little research I figured it out. First I drew 10 thumbnails of each principle. I put a lot of thought into the layout and overall feel of each thumbnail.


I was out sick for a couple of classes so I self critiqued them and the decided which ones were the best for each concept. I picked the best 5 of each and put them on 6x6 white squares using sharpie.
Then I took the best of the 5 and put the white square on a 10x10 black backing. The end result was different than what I had anticipated. I was a little frustrated as I noticed the glue I had chosen to use had left my projects wrinkled.

No comments:

Post a Comment